Did you know more than HALF of your employees could be wasting time in the office? With employee computer monitoring, you can get to the bottom of time wasting and improve productivity.
According to research conducted by Salary.com, up to 69% of respondents admitted to wasting time in the office. From chatting on their phones to scrolling through Facebook, there were numerous excuses for wasting time. Not only does this mean work isn’t done, it means you’re potentially wasting money and losing valuable profits as well.
It doesn’t just stop there. With employees using their company devices for other means rather than work, they’re clogging your network and using up valuable bandwidth, not to mention that they could be putting your business at risk from hackers and cyber attacks.
With the right employee computer monitoring software, you can help to alleviate many of these issues in a simple and easy to manage way. Here’s how:
- Attendance Monitoring – Set your employees dedicated working times, with allocated break times and leave. When employees log into their company devices, you’ll know exactly what time they logged in, when they’re not active and when they’ve logged off. At the end of the day, you’ll be able to view an attendance score to see if they’re putting in the right amount of hours.
- Productivity Monitoring – Some websites and applications may be considered productive, while others most certainly aren’t. With the right monitoring software, you can set which websites and apps are productive and which are unproductive – you can even set which are prohibited. You’ll receive a productivity score (that’s calculated using their attendance score) to see just how they’ve spent their working hours. You’ll soon know exactly who in your team is watching out for the company, and who is watching YouTube…
- Increase Cyber Security – According to Hackmageddon.com, 72.4% of all cyber attacks carried out in July 2016 were for the purpose of cybercrime. Most commonly the hackers’ goals are:
- Stealing data to sell to the highest bidder.
- Holding servers for ransom
The Security Benefits
Cyber attacks are sadly becoming more and more common. Sadly most successful attacks originate from easily avoidable human errors:
- An employee opening a false link in a fake email.
- Team members ignoring browser warnings and visiting websites containing viruses and malware.
- Staff entering company and personal information on hacked websites.
Any of the above is likely to allow hackers access to your company servers.
Monitoring emails and prohibiting certain apps and websites adds an important layer of security to protect your devices.
If you’re interested in using employee computer monitoring software in your workplace, Digital Endpoint’s KnowIT is an excellent software-as-a-service package that does all of the above and more. To learn more about KnowIT and to view a demo, click here.